Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nancy Grace: Amanda Knox verdict was 'miscarriage of justice'

Nancy Grace on the Oct. 3 episode of 'Dancing With the Stars.'

Amanda Knox addresses the media during a press conference on Oct. 4, 2011 in Seattle, Washington.

While Amanda Knox is settling into being back on U.S. soil and many are cheering her release from an Italian prison, Nancy Grace is speaking out against the former college student.

"I was very disturbed, because I think it is a huge miscarriage of justice," Grace told Access Hollywood after Monday's Dancing With the Stars show.

"I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That's what I think happened," Nancy declared.

But Knox told the court in her final appeal that she wasn't in the apartment at the time of the murder of Meredith Kercher. "She had her bedroom next to mine. She was killed in our own apartment. If I had been there that night, I would be dead," Knox told the court on Monday. "I did not kill. I did not rape. I did not steal. I wasn't there."

But Grace doesn't buy it. And she's standing by her beliefs. After last night's Dancing, she reiterated, "I said that it was a miscarriage of justice. I believe her original statement to the police - that she was there in the home when her roommate was murdered was true. ... What they want to do with her regarding sentencing is their business."

Grace added, "I don't wish her ill will."

The HLN anchor also says she has no interest in landing an interview with Knox. "I'm not trying to get Amanda Knox's first interview because... my show does not pay for interviews in any way. I think whether she gets paid outright or whether it's a licensing fee for a photograph, that's the way a lot of networks get around paying for interviews, I absolutely would not stand to be on a show where we pay for guests or interviews. Second, I don't think she's going to tell the truth anyway, so what's the point?"

No comments:

Post a Comment